Sunday, February 4, 2018

Artist Trading Cards - (ATC) - Swap-bot

Have you heard of Artist Trading Cards (ATC)? They are small original works of art exchanged amongst artists. They are given away, never sold. The size of ATCs is 2.5 x3.5 and are typically made on card stock or heavy watercolour paper.  The tiny works of art are exchanged in person or online in group swaps. There are several swapping sites open to general interest people from all over the world. The ATC community accepts people from all abilities, using a wide range of  medium to create their cards. 

I belong to the online group Swap-bot.  This group is very large and has hundreds of themed swaps. They not only sponsor ATC swaps, they also have many other outlets for creative swapping. I've participated in fiber, collage, journal page, ephemere, and decorated envelope swaps, but my favorite is the ATC swap.

Here is an example of the card I'm sending this week.....

The theme of this swap was "Profile Based"; after I was assigned a swap partner, I took a look at her profile for ideas on what she like, where she lived, and any special requests.  She is an Emergency Medical Technician living in Cheyenne, WY; she said that she would like to receive a emergency services themed ATC...so that is what I made for her. 


EMS - Artist Trading Card

I used a collage technique to create this card. I included a map of Cheyenne, Wy as the background, added emergency services ephemere, and vintage photos.  I like how it turned out. 


I drew and colored this cute little ambulance on the front of the envelope I'm using to send the trading card.  I hope she will like them. 

Additional Envelopes that I've created...

I always decorate the envelope I'm sending the cards in.  It is so much fun to open the mailbox and find brightly colored mail in amongst the bills and such....I love swapping! Below are examples of other decorated envelopes that I've sent recently...






Check out Swap-bot if you are looking for a creative outlet, but be careful, it's addicting!

Cheers,
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA



Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. You are SO creative and talented! Who wouldn't enjoy seeing an envelope from you in their mailbox! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete