Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge - 11/30/2016


I’m joining the fun this week…. 
Sitting on the porch and answering random questions about everything under the sun….

Joyce asks the questions.
We answer the questions.


1. Give us three rhyming words that say something about your Thanksgiving holiday (or your most recent holiday gathering if you didn't celebrate Thanksgiving). 
Heart and Soul - Self Control - Casserole


2. When did you last say, 'the more the merrier'? Did you mean it?
Last Tuesday I posted on facebook that I'd have a full house for thanksgiving (8 overnight guests for 5 days). My BFF in Florida kiddingly asked if her family could drive up and join the party...my response was "the more the merrier"...and of course I meant it. I miss my BFF!   Here is a photo of us taken at her wedding... lookin good in the 80's...LOL.


3. What's one piece of advice you'd give someone who is your same age?
"Don't wait until all the stars align to follow your dreams" 
Dreams are important, but they do not come to fruition if you do not take action. Don’t procrastinate. Start living the life you want to live today. There is always a step (even a baby step) you can take toward making your dreams come true.


OR for younger readers....
Lift with your knees, not your back! Injury can lead to a lifetime of pain.



4. You're ordering a veggie plate, what four veggies are on it?
  1. Glazed Carrots
  2. Green Beans with Almonds
  3. Grilled Corn
  4. Pan fried Potatoes 
5. Shop til you drop! Did you? Have you ever? Will you between now and Christmas?


My days of shopping until I drop are many moons ago. I don't do well in crowds and walking a mall parking lot loaded down with shopping bags is just not appealing to me anymore.  I do shop early and online to avoid the brouhaha of Black Friday and Christmas Eve shopping.



6. What's your favorite chair in your house, and why is it a favorite?
My rocking chair outside on the covered porch. the rocker faces the creek in our backyard and it's in a shady spot. I can hear the water racing over the rocks in the creek and see the forest creatures passing through. I feel at peace with myself and the world on the porch.



7. Share an early memory of faith, religion, or spirituality.


I remember kneeling beside my pink princess bed with all my stuffed animals lined up and kneeling with me as I prayed for a kitten. That week a stray and very pregnant cat arrived at our house...she delivered 5 kittens in our garage.  I knew my prayers had been answered!



8. Insert your own random thought here.
In a previous blog post (go there) I detailed my research on getting a good family portrait without the help of a professional photographer.  During the family thanksgiving event (after 20 shots) I finally did get a photo with everyone smiling and all eyes open! Take a look....what do you think?  


In photo from left to right: Jade (13), Patrick (Marley 9), Grandma Lori (me), Sebastian (7), Grandpa Chuck (my husband), Amanda (Chuck's Daughter), Kyra (7), Aidia (14), Chet (Amanda's Husband), and Jackson (2).

Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

Share this Blog Post :

11 comments:

  1. I very much enjoyed your Hodgepodge today. It's a beautiful family picture. Why do they have to make it so hard?? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori...that's a GREAT photo of your beautiful family! Well done! I really enjoyed reading your HP answers today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Getting kids to stand still for the timer to go off is a challenge.
      Lori

      Delete
  3. Hi Lori! These were really great answers! I love your rhyme...that was great and it wasn't easy! Sweet story about the kitty too and you got a very nice family photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby for stopping by today. I was bound and determined to get a photo with everyone smiling...LOL.
      Lori

      Delete
  4. Family photos are tricky, but you got a great shot! I like your rhyme : ) Glad you enjoyed your crowd for Thanksgiving. I like a full table at Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by my blog today and taking the time to comment. It's always nice to hear what people think about my photos.
      Lori

      Delete
  5. I think you got a great picture, very well composed. I am afraid I don't take good pictures, I leave the photography to Mr BC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Getting everyone to smile until the timer counts down was a challenge.
      Lori

      Delete
  6. Hi Lori! Congrats! That's not easy to get a good pic of that many people. What a beautiful family you have! Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete