Friday, November 11, 2016

Need a Little Extra Cash for Holiday Shopping?

First I want to say that this is not an advertisement and I am not getting compensated in any way for this post....I just thought readers may want to check out this opportunity... 



Have you heard of an online workforce called GigWalk? No, ... I hadn't either until this week. Gigwalk was founded in 2010 with the goal of reinventing how we work in a mobile world. Gigwalk breaks down large corporate tasks into mini projects, enabling companies to get work done, efficiently and effectively using an on-demand mobile workforce.

Yesterday I worked for them for a few hours. Basically this is how it works: a business had a large survey that needed to be completed across the nation. GigWalk broke the large task down geographically into small local projects and posted the work on their website for independent contractors (like me) to complete. The projects in my local area were short audits of product located in a convenience store, pricing, signage...etc. 

GigWalk Screen Shots
It was easy work... I did audits at 8 gas stations on my way home from lunch. I used my cellphone to receive my assignments from GigWalk (all within 3 miles of my lunch location), photograph the required items, and send in my audits from the phone.

Details about yesterday's assignment:  At each location I had to use my cellphone to....
  1. Photograph the outside of the gas station building as proof that I was at the correct location.
  2. Photograph the signage on the building and around the parking lot. 
  3. Enter the building and see if they used a handheld price scanner at the register.
  4. Get the manager's name (I just phoned and asked for the name from the parking lot). 
  5. Add any notes about the photos that I thought might help the customer.
  6. Upload the pictures and information from my cellphone to Gigwalk.
  7. Done! Easy Peasy! Payment will be within 12 days to my paypal account.
And the good thing about this job...you work when you want, as much or as little as you want, and you can do get assignments anywhere (your phone GPS looks up where you are in real time). If you have and hour or two to kill between DR. appointments, waiting for kids to get out of school, or in a city that you are visiting, just login for local job possibilities. All you need is a cellphone and a mode of transportation to the locations. 

Honestly, this was easy money and I did it on the way home.  Here is a picture of the app on the phone and on a tablet...

Check it out if you need a little cash this holiday season!
Cheers!
Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment