Monday, September 9, 2013

Three cheers for the Etsy feedback change…..


Have you noticed the new Etsy feedback system?
 
I have been remiss in keeping up with the Etsy system updates but I was pleased to see the modification to my shop this week. The change will help buyers and sellers get a better picture of a shop’s performance. The new 5-star rating system will be rolling out to all shops in the coming weeks. 
 
Here is an overview of the key changes:

1. The seller’s feedback will change from a percentage score (which included the seller’s purchases) to a 5-star rating system from buyers only.
2. The buyer’s profile name will be shown and they’ll be required to leave a comment when leaving a review.
3. There will no longer be feedback left for buyers. (never found this useful)
4. Reviews can be edited. Useful if there was a misunderstanding and the buyer wants to update the review.
 
Etsy believes that the 5-star review system is more shopper friendly. Many online shopping sites currently use this scoring format, so buyers may already be familiar with this system of rating their shopping experience and product quality.
 
I’m pleased the buyer’s feedback is being eliminated. I never found a lot of value in grading my buyers; they sent me payment and I sent them goodies…simple.
 
If you’d like to read the details of the feedback changes just visit this post on Etsy.
 
I’m very satisfied with the new rating system. I had a very bad experience with the old feedback system. As a buyer I was rated unfavorably because I asked a question about a product I had purchased.  The seller took offense to my question and rated me negatively.  This affected my overall score as a seller. (visit Bad Feedback post here for details). This can no longer happen with the new system.
 
Let me know your thoughts on the 5-star rating system.
Cheers!


 
Share this Blog Post :

2 comments:

  1. Hi Loris, Thanks for stopping by my blog, and you should move to Oregon, we love it!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete