Thursday, September 5, 2013

Check out what I got in the mail…

 
Lampwork Beads, Moonraker Beads
This week I got some new beads from a favorite lampwork artist: Melanie of Moonraker Beads.  I’m working on a birthday present for an old friend who lives on the Atlantic coast and loves the beach.  Our birthdays are on the same day and we have been celebrating this big day for more years than I care to mention.  I’m going to use these beads and some sea glass to make a multi strand bracelet for her.  I can’t wait to get started.   I’ll post pictures after the big day. 
 
Information about Moonraker Beads:
  Melanie started lampworking in 2002, after seeing some beads online and realizing that *actual* people made them…one by one…by 'playing' with glass.  After a little digging, she found a beginners class in lampworking and signed up. It was a very basic class, learning to do simple rounds and applying glass.
 
She went home and ordered a simple kit to continue working on her new craft.  After much practicing and a rapidly growing pile of finished beads Melanie started selling online in the fall of 2002. Not surprisingly her whimsical beads were a hit and a new business was born.
 
Take a peek at her shop:   https://www.etsy.com/shop/moonrakerbeads
 
Cheers!
 
Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment