Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A letter to my friends...

My Friends, 
We all lead very busy lives, our days are jam-packed with work, family, hobbies, study, and many social and service obligations.  The gift of your time and loving support has been a blessing throughout the years. Today I dedicate this blog post my friends past and present. I want you to know how grateful I am to have you in my life and how much you mean to me…


thanking friends
Thank you for not letting time or distance affect our friendship. (You know who you are, my long distance friends)
thanking your friends
Thank you for asking how I’m doing, and actually wanting to hear the answer. Thank you for making time for me, even on your busiest days.

thanking your friends
Thank you for being there for me through some of the most difficult times in my life. (My father’s emergency lifesaving surgery, abusive relationships, difficult career choices…)

thanking your friends
Thank you for being genuinely happy for my success & good fortune, as if it were your own.

no toilet paper
Thank you for forgiving my faults and lapses in judgment, and for tolerating my idiosyncrasies (e.g. my zero toilet paper phobia; don't lie, I know you want one).

thanking your friends
Thank you for always being my friend, not just when it was convenient.


thanking your friends
Thank you for being honest with me when I really needed you to be. (Does this make my butt look fat? giggle)

thanking your friends
Thank you for hugs, smiles, inside jokes, and adventure memories. (Especially while camping)

And….
Thank you for understanding that I could never write a long enough blog post to express how much you all mean to me.

thanking your friends
  

I firmly believe that friendships are the greatest earthly treasure we have, and unlike material possessions, friendships may follow us into eternity. 

If this message has sparked any memories of friendship, please share by commenting below. :)

Cheers!

Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment