Monday, September 17, 2012

I care about you…


I believe giving handmade is truly the core of gift-giving. When you give a friend or loved one a gift, you are really saying "I care about you." A handmade gift expresses so much more than something pulled off the end-cap display of a mega store. You are telling the gift recipient that you cared enough about them to seek out something as individual as they are.

Beyond the evident economic benefits of supporting independent artists, buying and giving handmade is a loving act. You are also supporting the future, family, confidence, mind, body and soul of that artist. It creates an amazing relationship between 2 people: the buyer and seller. You are not just a customer; you become a supporter, a fan, a collector of art.

I feel that I’m also getting a gift with each handmade purchase: knowing I have helped someone get one step closer to their dream. Supporting each other is after all the most rewarding gift we can give!

Please consider something handmade when gift giving. Etsy is a wonderful place to find all things handmade.

Here are some of my favorite handmade items on Etsy today….


CHEERS!
Lori in Atlanta


Share this Blog Post :

5 comments:

  1. Giving handmade is a must in our family. Some of us create items, others buy handmade. We also have a tradition of making our own wrapping paper, and holiday card for the season, the day after Thanksgiving. It's a good time.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try handmade wrapping paper this year. Maybe I'll follow your lead on that tradition. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I honestly couldn't agree with you more Lori! I've always been a thoughtful gift giver (I put a lot of thought and care into gifts I choose for people), but I have to agree that handmade is definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete