Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Saturday, September 22, 2012
Thursday, September 20, 2012
And so my 1000 Gifts journey continues...
40. Meeting someone you've only spoken to on the phone
41. A sqeaky clean bathroom
42. Cooler weather in Atlanta (finally)
43. A front porch with rockers to enjoy the cooler weather
44. Marshmellow peeps shaped like Pumpkins
45. My desk calender that transports me to Greece via photos
46. Having a full tank of gas to go where I need to go
47. Finding out that my eyes are in great shape with little change in prescription
49. Receiving an email from my Sweetie just to say Hi
50. Putting my favorite quilt on the bed because it's 'chilly'
51. A purchase in my Etsy shop
52. The first turning leaf on the oak tree outside the kitchen window
53. Having my Sweetie at my side when I said goodbye to my beloved cat Beau, RIP
54. Paws, Whiskers, and Wags making saying goodbye a tiny bit easier
55. Knowing that I’m loved when I’m having a really bad day
57. Totally disrupting "puppy training" and getting puppy kisses at Petsmart
58. Count down to Bacchanalia night, my favorite dining spot ever!
59. Shopping (enough said) :)
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
|LUNCH WITH 'FRIENDS'|
Monday, September 17, 2012
Friday, September 14, 2012
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
|"Keep, Donate, or Toss Sorting Bags" This came from Costco, found on Pinterest.|
|Love this Jewelry Organizer by Black Forest Cottage on Etsy|
The pictures above are treasures found on Etsy and Pinterest. ;)
Friday, September 7, 2012
The Hopeless Romantic
The Flower Child
It is predicted that 70s vintage jewelry will make a huge comeback. If I had only known….I had a jewelry box full of Mod chunky jewelry. Expect to see collar necklaces of soft muted precious metals such as gold and silver; they are reminiscent of the chokers that were so popular. The 70s fascination with all things Native American created a trend for chunky turquoise jewelry set into silver. Then and now, delicacy is not the aim here, the chunkier the better! The anti-consumerism of the hippie society also meant that handmade jewelry was the trend--leather bands or braids worn as bracelets, and handmade bead necklaces will be on trend this fall.
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
One of many lovely Paths featured on my Pinterest board -
I started this blog to chronicle the opening and evolution of my Etsy shop - LorisGlassworks. My first post was in July 2009 about a month after opening my online shop. At the onset I struggled with blogging, but eventually after some trial and error, mixing articles about my life and Etsy projects became enjoyable. I don’t consider myself a brilliant writer, but I’ve discovered that I can put a few words together and take a decent picture. The unbelievable thing to me is that people actually READ my words. Some of my posts have had hundreds of readers (Yikes). This is truly amazing and a little daunting! I assumed that I would get a few family members, friends, and neighbors stopping by the blog from time to time, but I never thought I would go down this path and actually have a “following”. I promise that I’m going to get more deliberate about making time for blogging and crafting; after all, it’s why I started my blog in the first place. Thank You for making the time in your day to take a peek at my little blog.