Thursday, July 5, 2012

Wire Wrap Loop Tutorial


Exampe of Wire Wrap Loop

Wire wrapping is one of the oldest techniques for making handmade jewelry. In wire wrapping, jewelry is made using jewelry wire or findings similar to wire (like head-pins) to make components. Wire components are then connected to one another using manual techniques with no soldering or heating of the wire.

Example Wire Wrapped Lopp
I use this method when making my pearl “Bubbles” bracelets. The technique is easy and with a little practice I learned to make a perfect loop every time. Basically, wire is bent into a loop or other decorative shape and then the wire is wrapped around itself making the loop permanent. I found a great tutorial that explains step by step how to make a perfect loop. Give it a try….



Share this Blog Post :

3 comments:

  1. I love this!! Thank you so much for the great tutorial. I have to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been able to make the loop at only one end of the head or eye pin, not both and I've been looking for a tutorial like this!

    Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete