Thursday, June 7, 2012

1000 Gifts

One Thousand Gifts
   This morning while visiting some of the blogs that I enjoy reading, I was intrigued by an older post by Sarah, the author of “fairytales are true”. The post was titled – “1000 gifts”. Sarah was inspired by a book written by Ann Voskamp titled One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. She made the decision to list her own 1000 gifts on her blog. After reading Sarah's blog post and additional lists, I’ve decided to join several charismatic bloggers and embark on my own journey to list “1000 gifts”…
   I too believe that being thankful and appreciative is one of life's greatest challenges and joys. As Sarah put it, “happy people are grateful and grateful people are happy” It really does make a difference when I realize how much splendor surrounds me on a daily basis. Whether it's a morning walk in the woods, the sound of my sweetie arriving, or the flowers blooming in our yard, there are so many things to be thankful for every day. All the little things that make me smile.

   I plan to complete this journey by June 3o, 2013. Should you also feel inspired to remind yourself of all the things you have been blessed with (things that make you smile every day), please join me. Add a comment to this post and let me know you’re onboard; I'd love to read about your gifts too. Also, Sarah tracks and follows the blogs of people who are participating in this journey; send her a note and she’ll add you to her list.

And so my 1000 Gifts journey begins...

One Thousand gifts I have been blessed with:

1. The deep purple hydrangea bush blooming next to our house.
2. The woodpecker tapping out his version of Morse Code on the hardwood tree
3. Seeing the spider before I accidentally walked through his web
4. Watching the grade school students in their matching uniforms walk to school
5. Help moving the heavy boxes from the tenth floor to the ground floor
6. Having a Nook in my purse so I can read at lunch
7. The fabric flowers in a pot on my desk that remind me of Laguna Beach, CA
8. The location of my cube so I can see out the window and have natural light at work.
9. The email with a picture of kittens that my Dad sent
10. Shoes that don’t pinch, rub, or squish my feet
11. Time to think while waiting in the long line of cars exiting the parking garage
12. The air conditioner is working in my car (I live in the deep south)
13. The “song of the trains” down the street from our house
14. Our cat Beau greeting me at the door (he’s elderly and doesn’t do this very often)
15. A friendly greeting from the coffee stand barista
16. A bakery fresh “Everything” bagel
17. Seeing the V formation of geese gliding down to a smooth landing on lawn
18. The elevator doors opening before I push the button

Too be continued….





Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! what a wonderful thing to be thankful for the little things and realize we have so much in our lives!
    :)

    ReplyDelete