Tuesday, June 12, 2012

1000 Gifts – Part Two



This is part two of my own journey to list my 1000 gifts; blessings to be thankful for every day.

It really does make a difference in my outlook when I realize how much splendor surrounds me on a daily basis. Whether it's a morning walk in the woods, the sound of my sweetie arriving, or the flowers blooming in our yard, there are so many things to be thankful for…all the little things that make me smile.

My mission is based on a book by Ann Voskamp titled One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. I plan to complete this journey by June 3o, 2013. Should you also feel inspired to remind yourself of all the things you have been blessed with (things that make you smile every day), please join me. Add a comment to this post and let me know you’re onboard; I'd love to read about your gifts too.
And so my 1000 Gifts journey continues...
One Thousand gifts I have been blessed with Part Two:

19.  My Sweetie stopping on the way home from work to get me a chicken pot pie
20.  Receiving the catalog order before the anticipated arrival date
21.  Opening a new bar of oatmeal and honey soap
22.  Sunday Brunch at my favorite spot: Local Three
23.  Braised Short Ribs that slice like butter
24.  Whipped potatoes so scrumptious you go for seconds AND thirds
25.  Fresh cut flowers on the counter in the kitchen
26.  A hand written thank you note in the mail
27.  A new keypad lock so I can’t lock myself out of the house
28.  Hitting the long stop light just right so I can dig around in my purse for lost treasures
29.  Finding money in the pocket of the jeans that I haven’t worn recently
30.  Being trusted by family to research cruise ship vacations to Alaska
31.  Watching “The Bachelorette” (guilty pleasure) from a DVR so I can skip commercials
32. Ear plugs at bedtime
33. An extra purple pen to replace the one that dried-up in the middle of a conference call
34. Reminiscing with a friend about “the old days” and experiences we shared at work
35. Knowing that I’m loved when I’m having a bad day
36. An express elevator trip from the 19th floor to the lobby with zero stops (very rare)
37. Pictures of Puppies Playing
38. Time to read favorite blogs today
  
Too be continued….



Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment