Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ever have one of THOSE days?


What a Day I had yesterday! And THOSE days seem to be increasing; recently I’ve heard from friends and family who are also having challenges in their lives on a more regular basis.  The question is: What should I do? Quit my own job? Move to Belize? Turn off all the electronics and hibernate? While those options do look great on paper, they're not realistic for me at this time.

Today I’m starting a detailed personal calendar to help me stay on task when I’m feeling flustered or unfocused.  Knowing what I need to do hour to hour should help me move in the right direction more quickly.  Ann Parri, Esty shop owner from Wales has just what I need:


Do you have an accountability partner? What about a good venting source? The right support system can make a huge difference for anyone, no matter what you do or where you work. Some days, when I feel like I just can't do this one more minute, a call a trusted friend or my husband to help  jolt me back into my happy place.

My emergency crew when I need some TLC.....Deb, Richard, Brenda, and Belinda.


When all else fails, I keep in mind that I can always walk away for a bit. Take a walk around the block in the historic neighborhood where I live, sit on the terrace with a good book, make a short trip to the mall or bead shop, or even a nap. When I find that my brain just isn't working with me and I’m at wits' end, I give myself the opportunity to take a break. 

One of my favorite places to relax, walk, and window shop.......
Hoping that today will be a great day!  Hope your day is excellent too.
Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment