Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Color inspirations...

I find my inspiration for jewelry color combinations everywhere I look. My biggest inspiration is nature; for example, butterflies are a wonderful source of both bold and understated color combinations. I also look at fashion designers work, and my favorite artist's work for inspiration.
Pictured below are my most recent bracelet design and the Monet painting that inspired the color combination:



Take a look at the photo below. How do the colors make you feel? See how they blend together and contrast each other. The photo was taken on Cumberland Island off the coast of Georgia. The seashore has always been one of my inspirations for color and texture in my designs. My next jewelry design will be inspired by this lovely photo. I’ll post a photo when I’m finished.


Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment