Friday, May 14, 2010

Sometimes it’s exhausting….

I’m learning that it takes a lot of time and energy to have frequent sales on Etsy.
Success on Etsy does not just happen. Keep in mind that you're not just acting in a creative and production role, you're now taking on the roles of business owner, marketing rep & sales person, photographer and order fulfillment. In addition you have to learn the ins and outs of the internet and become savvy about internet shopping. If that seems like a lot, it is. Welcome to the world of the small business owner. :)  Fortunately my sales are picking up a bit and it gives me additional motivation and drive to create new items for the shop.  Take a peek at my bookmarks…


Share this Blog Post :

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 15, 2010

    Those are lovely, Lori! I post things on Artfire as a basic member for now and I find it hit or miss as far as sales go. It is hard online because there are thousands of listings and to get noticed takes a lot of work. I haven't stepped into craft shows yet, mainly because I feel I don't have enough inventory to really warrant it. I have a long way to go but I love the artisan community and the wonderful people out there who are supportive. Good luck to you, your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete