Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter...

Just finished a cute bracelet to wear with my Easter outfit today.....


-->
  It’s Easter time again, and I’m reminiscing about how much my sister Jennifer and I looked forward to our new Easter outfits each year. Of course, I always planned to dazzle the folks at our small church in Merrillville, Indiana and later at our grandparent’s house for the big family dinner.
  We headed off to the Village Shopping Center in Gary, IN to choose our outfits at JC Penney’s. It was the big store in our area at the time. Easter finery included hats, gloves, and shiny new patent leather shoes. I confess my love affair with hats started then, and continues today.  I just loved all the hats in church on Easter Sunday.
  Today my Easter Sunday has become a much more casual event, hats and gloves and all the other finery have gone by the wayside. Easter has a deeper meaning, it’s more about being thankful for his gifts and grace. But, I do miss the hats!  Maybe I’ll wear one next year to church on Easter Sunday and start a trend back to all the fine clothes.


Share this Blog Post :

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely bracelet and I have to comment on your profile that you like to camp because our family does too. I would love to just hit the road in a 5th wheel and see where it takes us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool, another Lori posting!

    I like the bracelet!

    ReplyDelete