Sunday, March 14, 2010

Did You Know?

A friend posted this fun survey on her blog. I thought it was a good way to get to know her better, So just for fun I completed the survey too. Below are 99 questions about life in general; Take a peek to learn more about me. It's a little long but it was fun to think back on past experiences.

Have You.......
1. Started your own blog- Yes, this is it!
2. Slept under the stars – Yes, I love to camp.
3. Played in a band - No, I have zero musical talent.
4. Visited Hawaii - Yes, with family, with college friends, and with my Husband.
5. Watched a meteor shower – Yes, from a parking lot on the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity – No, I give to charity, but not more than I can afford.
7. Been to Disneyland – No, but I have worked at DisneyWorld.
8. Climbed a mountain – Yes, in Georgia, Hawaii, and Canada.
9. Held a praying mantis – No, I don't want to accidentally hurt the little fellow.
10. Sang a solo – No, I'm so bad at harmonizing my sorority sisters asked that I lip sync.
11. Bungee jumped – No, I'm afraid of heights
12. Visited Paris – Yes, loved it.
13. Watched a thunder and lightning storm- Yes, in Florida it was sometimes a daily occurrence.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – Yes, many skills.
15. Adopted a child – No
16. Had food poisoning – Yes, bad Mongolian BBQ.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty - No, I've never been to NYC.
18. Grown your own vegetables – No, only flowers.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France- No
20. Slept on an overnight train – No, but it's on my bucket list.
21. Had a pillow fight – Yes, I went to summer camp every summer while growing up.
22. Hitch hiked – NO
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Yes, but I called it a personal day.
24. Built a snow fort – Yes, I lived in Indiana on Lake Michigan, we got a lot of snow.
25. Held a lamb - Yes, my father has a farm with sheep for pets.
26. Gone skinny dipping - Yes, many times.
27. Run a Marathon – No, I'm not very athletic.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – No, and no desire to do so.
29. Seen a total eclipse – Yes, when I was in grade school.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset- Yes, favorite sunrise: Hawaii; favorite sunset: Santorini, Greece.
31. Hit a home run – No, my last attempt ended with a trip to the hospital. I'm just not cut out for sports.
32. Been on a cruise – Yes, many. My favorite was Alaska.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person- Yes, but I was very young and remember very little about the trip.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors – No, but it is also on the bucket list.
35. Seen an Amish community - Yes, in Indiana.
36. Taught yourself a new language - No, I tried but was not successful.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – No, I'm still looking for my Pot of Gold.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – No
39. Gone rock climbing – No, I'm afraid of heights.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – Yes
41. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – No
42. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – Yes, I do it at work in the public cafe.
43. Visited Africa – No, but this is also on the bucket list.
44. Walked on a beach by moonlight - Yes, many times.
45. Been transported in an ambulance – Yes, three times (see #31 above)
46. Had your portrait painted – Does self portrait count? if so, yes.
47. Gone deep sea fishing- Yes, several times in Mexico; caught a MahiMahi
48. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – No, it was closed when I was in Rome.
49. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- No, but I did cruise past on a river boat.
50. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – Yes, I love to snorkel.
51. Kissed in the rain – No
52. Played in the mud – Yes, at the Feast of the Hunters Moon in Indiana.
53. Gone to a drive-in theater – Yes, I saw the original Star Wars at the drive-in.
54. Been in a movie – No
55. Visited the Great Wall of China – No, again Bucket list.
56. Started a business – Yes, Two.
57. Taken a martial arts class – No
58. Visited Russia – No, but I'd love to.
59. Served at a soup kitchen – Yes, in Atlanta.
60. Sold Girl Scout Cookies- No, I wasn't a girl scout.
61. Gone whale watching – Yes, in Nantucket, Hawaii, Alaska, and Oregon.
62. Got flowers for no reason – Yes, from my wonderful husband.
63. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – No, I can't.
64. Gone sky diving – No. but I have been para-sailing.
65. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – No
66. Bounced a check – Yes, in college.
67. Flown in a helicopter – Yes, in Florida, Hawaii, and Alaska.
68. Saved a favorite childhood toy – Yes, the sock monkey my grandma made for me and my troll doll.
69. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – No
70. Eaten caviar – Yes, but not a fan.
71. Pieced a quilt – Yes, a small doll blanket.
72. Stood in Times Square. – No
73. Toured the Everglades – Yes, on a small air-boat.
74. Been fired from a job – No
75. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – No
76. Broken a bone – Yes, my ankle twice.
77. Been a passenger on a motorcycle – Yes, but just around the block.
78. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – No
79. Published a book – No
80. Visited the Vatican – Yes, and I got to see the Pope!
81. Bought a brand new car – Yes, I've had four new cars.
82. Walked in Jerusalem – No
83. Had your picture in the newspaper - Yes, I won a poster making contest.
84. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve – Yes, in a bar in Florida.
85. Visited the White House – No
86. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – No way, I'm squeamish.
87. Had chickenpox - Yes, while in grade school.
88. Saved someone’s life – No
89. Sat on a jury - No
90. Met someone famous – Yes, John Denver and John Matuzsack.
91. Joined a book club - Yes
92. Got a tattoo - Yes
93. Had a baby – No, I guess it was just not in the cards for me.
94. Seen the Alamo in person – Yes
95. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – No
96. Been involved in a law suit - Yes, but it never went to trial.
97. Owned a cell phone – Yes, many.
98. Been stung by a bee – Yes, twice.
99. Danced under the stars - Yes, in Mexico and Hawaii.
Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment