Monday, July 27, 2009

I Heart You!

Getting noticed on Etsy is a big challenge; a giant group of jewelry sellers are trying to attract attention from a much smaller pool of buyers. With so much competition getting seen is difficult.

So I’m trying a new approach. I’ve had several Etsy artists add me to their personal favorites list; it shows on my shop page as “see who hearts this shop”. I was flattered to know that they liked my work, but also curious to see what they were selling and see if their items were similar to mine. Then it dawned on me, they were getting my attention (bing! if I was a comic strip character a light bulb would have appeared above my head). I was viewing the work of other artists that I probably would have never seen on my own. By complimenting my work they had promoted their work directly to me. I will start “hearting” my favorite shops on Etsy. This will hopefully gain some extra attention for my shop and help their shop by showcasing them on my “Favorites” page.

A free marketing tool…yipppeee!
Share this Blog Post :

No comments:

Post a Comment